Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weekend Recap

Techinically the weekend isn't over, but since I know I am leaving soon for the in-laws, I doubt that there will be any more highlights.

Friday Night
The annual workshindig. I made the mistake of thinking it would be fun to bring my mini-inlaws to this, since there would be other kids and kids activities. Well the six year old pouted almost the whole first hour we were there, with the exception of when he was eatting a hotdog, cookie and mountain dew. The 10 year old waas a bit better, but still not thrilled to be there. After we ate, I offered to take them back home , but they didn't want to go there either. My friend arrived with her husband and 18 month old and that was fun for a bit, but the sulking got worse and unbearable as he started complaining and complaining. I was set to go at about 4 after arriving at 2:30 only to have them change their mind and decide they wanted to play soccer with the ball we brought. I hope this would improve the situation. It did for the 6 year old , but now the 11 year old decided that she didn't want to get hot and be in the sun and would just sit in the shade and watch. We played soccer for at least an hour , talk about a good cardio work out, chasing a six year old up and down the soccer field. It was pretty much down hill from there, as they both got tired and grumpy again. It was overall something I don't think we will be doing again.

We got home about 7 and watched Walmart: the high cost of low price, which solidified every reason why I don't shop at Walmart.

Saturday

I spent the day, cleaning , doing laundry and packing for our trip or at least making piles. Once My hubby got home from work, we went to Target to drop off some prescriptions and then to our mini overnight getaway. A collegue of mine had won a free overnight stay at a nearby Marriott and wasn't going to use it and gave it to me instead. The room was really nice and overlooked a golf course and lake and a wedding /reception as well. It was also superairconditioned and had a ton of cable channels. We ordered carryout from a favorite restaurant, watch tv for a bit ,and then headed down to the hotel bar and had a few drinks. And then went upstairs and crashed. This morning we went to for a 40 minute run on at a park near the hotel. In addition to the run we walked 15 minutes to and 15 minutes from the park. I am not sure of the distance of our route, but I am pretty sure it was about 3 miles, even though I ran a portion of it with my hubby at his slightly slower pace. It was cool and refreshing to run near water.

After our run, we went back to the hotel, showered and headed down to breakfast where we were had a free breakfast buffet (part of the deal) which included made to order omelets, fresh squeezed OJ, fresh fruit, and pancakes among other things. After breakfast, we went back to our room to crash for an hour before having to check out.

The new Celebrity fit club was on with Angie Stone, Tina Yothers, and Carnie Wilson among others. Makes me wish we still had vh1.

It was sad to leave luxury to head home, but home we are.

It was a fun relaxing mini vaca though.


Total Exercise this weekend
Friday Soccer 45 minutes
Saturday walking 20
Sunday walking 30, running 40

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Firefly's Running said...

Your weekend sounded very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home