Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

shower update

Yesterday was my sister's wedding shower and I think things turned out well. I hope to post pictures soon of the decorations, we did a tropical type theme with blues/purple/orange. We used drink umbrellas to encorporate the shower theme. It was a small shower, and we all went to the paint your own pottery place and each created a piece. I did a toothbrush holder. I will post a picture when I get it back.

After the pottery, we went back to the house for gifts and cake. I think things went pretty well. My sister looked like she had a lot of fun so thats what matters most. Because so many people couldn't be there, I put together a scrapbook with stories from her friends and pictures and she really liked that.

I made the hungry girl virgin margarita (100 calorie margarita without tequilla) and that turned out really well.

I had one piece of cake and some ice cream, and a few piece of candy. We did a build your own favor with sand pails filled with candy.

So I didn't do to horribly with eatting.

I tried on my dress and saw my sister in her's . She looks so beautiful.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger christie said...

Awww it sounds like it was so nice! I am looking forward to seeing pictures!

Congrats on controlling your eating at the party. That is so hard to do!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Firefly's Running said...

Way to go! Sounds like you had fun.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger bstab said...

YAY SISTER!
I'm so glad you all had fun. Sounds like a really good party to me.
:)
I'm craving some paint your own pottery...soon my friend, soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home