Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, July 17, 2006

A.M. RUN

Well I did it, I got up this morning and ran at 6:30 in the morning. This is quite an accomplishment for me since I don't really like getting up early.

Due to the heat that is anticipated for today, I knew that the only way I was going to run is if I did it before the temperature got to high. It was 65 with a humidity of 100% this morning and I knew that was the best we were going to get.

I got my gear together and headed out on the same two mile route we did yesterday. We did a 4 minute walking warm up and then ran 3/walked 2 .

The temperature was decent, but the air just didn't move at all. Luckily, I didn't feel sore or anything since I had only done two miles yesterday and that had been early.

The run felt good, I felt as though I could have run a bit longer on some of the sets, but didn't want to push it. Total time ended up being comparable to yesterdays.

Total: 29:15
Distance 2:03
Pace 14:24
I think had we run more we would have beat the pace.
You can definitely see what lack of heat does to my running ability. Although my time was slower today, I walked about 10 minutes of that so thats not bad at all.

I got to work pretty early today which means I may actually go to the pool tonight.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Firefly's Running said...

Nice run!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home