Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

2 Mile Run in the Heat

Our planned 4 mile run today was postponed due to Heat. I didn't have the motivation to run that far in the heat. We decided to do 2 miles today and hopefully 2 miles tomorrow.

The two mile route I chose for today was partly shady and on a paved surface. It wasn't so bad in the shade, but the air wasn't moving at all which made it harder to catch your breath or feel motivated.

Our time wasn't bad considering the heat. Total distance 2.03, time 28:53. Pace 14:13

5 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger jkrunning--Just Keep Running said...

The heat has been a big factor in my runs lately too. Rather I should say my non-runs.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

It is sooo hot out there.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Good plan to break it up! I like that!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Firefly's Running said...

I am starting to HATE the heat. But it's a good idea to split the mileage up too.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Random Musings said...

We have given up walking outside and are using the mall. You runners are brave to try runnning in this heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home