Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Non Stop

So in an effort to increase our running stamna and put in more miles per week, we decided that once a week, we would try to run for a mile non-stop and then keep increasing the speed.
If need be, we can walk a small portion, but we should try to run as much as we can.

We headed out this morning on our 1.02 mile run ( not sure why I couldn't get it to be exactly a mile on the map) It was about 7:15 and already 70 degrees with 95% humidity.

The run started out rough, I was tired, and really could have turned around and went back inside, but I trudged on . I finished the first 4 minutes, when I usually start walking , and kept on running, then it was make it to 8 and then it was at least make it to the final corner, and sure enough I did. I started getting a rhythm and increased and decreased speed without, saving enough energy to do a decent speed run to the finish.

Final time 13:43

I really actually enjoyed it much more then I thought I would.

I walked for a minute or so to cool down and then headed inside to get ready for work.


I have since then walked about 20 minutes to different places today. It is way too hot to be outside so I am glad I did something this morning.

Goal for tonight is to do some arm exercises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home