Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Women's Run

Today I ran in the Women's 5k. This all women's race benefits girls on the run.
It was about 40 degrees this morning and mighty chilly with the wind. My mom and I got to the race site and it was cool to see all the little girls and their mom's and sisters. The route for the race was around the hospital through trail areas. The race went ok, but I felt really closed in on some of the segments, like there were too many people and no where to go. Also , because of the cold my eyes and nose kept watering. My mom and I both felt sluggish and I don't think we ran as long or as fast as we had previously. In the end we finished at 41.19 and 41l.21 , which is good considering we haven't been doing this for a very long.

This is definitely a race I would consider doing again, even though it was a bit crowded.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

It can be difficult to navigate a running path in a big crowd of people! Glad you liked it despite the cold and the crowds.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Judi B said...

That's great, I think it's fantastic that you even attempted it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home