Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Trail Running

Yesterday afternoon was my first attempt at trail running. After work the hubby and I headed out the nature area near my work for our 40 minute run/walk session. The sun was out, it wasn't too hot. Things were good. I enjoyed running outside and the distractions it provides. The trails were fun and it was like an adventure. We ran/walked for about 20 minutes when we started to head back the way we came, which just so happened to be mostly up hill. I am fighing the uphill battle literally, when I felt something tickly my leg, I thought it was a leave or grass and kept on going. We got to the entrance where we had come in and still had about 5 minutes left, so we ran downhill to the valley and then back up again, the ups and downs of the trail are a really good workout. After we finished the run/walk we decided to explore and do some walking. We went further down into the valley and then climbed a long winding staircase built into the ground and then headed out.
When I got home later, I realized I had about 5 penny sized mosquito welts on my body. My hubby had not one. He said it is because I am sweet. I was like whatever they itch.

Lesson learned wear bug spray.

Warm up walk 5 minutes
run 3min/walk 2min 40 minutes
walking cool down 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home