Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Longest Run to date

I just completed my longest run to date. On the schedule for today was the long run of the week, 4 miles run 3 min/walk 2 with a 5 minute warm up. I mapped out a route last night that including the warm up walk was 4.22 miles. We the route took us from our house to the Stadium and back. Knowing that the high today was going to be in the mid 80's, we decided to run in the am, which was good plan. It was already 71 degrees at 10 am and rising. The sun was beating down. I had a pretty bad stomache ache last night, and wasn't sure I would be able to run this morning, but since I felt better we decided to go.

The route was pretty good, luckily it was shady in spots and there weren't too many people out on Sunday morning to clog the sidewalks. The route is near the dairy queen, and that usually creates a ton of pedestrian traffic. Anyway, we turned the corner and headed toward the stadium, the only pain is that there is only one side of the street with a sidewalk in some parts so we had to wait to cross the street.
About 20 minutes in I felt like i wanted to stop and go home, I was tired and hot. My headband wasn't doing a good job of keeping my hair back, I think i need to give up on the cute girly string head band and find something more functional.

We kept going and going and final reached the turn around point....luckily the way back was into the wind and that made it very breezy. Turning around also meant we were getting closer to home. I got my second wind and for awhile it didn't seem like I was in the third mile, by the end though I was ready to be home.

Total Distance traveled 4.22 miles
Total time 1hour 20 seconds
Average pace 14.17

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger bstab said...

You are simply awesome.
Keep up the good work!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Way to go Kiki !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home