Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Friday, April 21, 2006

What I am allergic to

Fantastically Blonde asked some good questions about my allergies, and so I thought I would share with the blogging world my allergy saga.

I developed allergies that drove me the allergist when I was in college, although I probably had some of the allergies before college, but never really noticed it other than a runny nose.

Known allergies
Trees
Grass
Weeds
Flowers
Dust
Mold
Update: I forgot, Dog , Cats and most other animals with fur

I think those are the main ones. I took Seldane until that went off the market, I've tried Claritin and Benedryl as well, but all of the above only really seem to solve the problem temporarily.
I am currently on zyrtec and it really doesn't end up doing that much either.
I am year round runny nose, the last time I talked to an allergist, I was asked if my nose was always that congested. Yes I can barely breathe through my nose most days. In the summer, I feel as though I should invest in Puffs of Kleenex.

I don't know if there is a solution to the problem or not, possibly shots, maybe a new medication.
I really have learned to tolerate the year round stuff, its when the trees bloom that I really end up hatting spring/summer and wish I lived in the Desert.

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger bstab said...

Fun idea for the allergy-stricken in Ann Arbor:

Get a Pizza Bob's shake!
Figure out how to breathe while drinking the shake!

I think you are smart to do as much indoor exercise as possible this spring/summer/early fall.

We like our Kiki to be able to breathe.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jenniy said...

I had an allergy test done too and the doctor about died when I reacted so strongly to EVERYTHING they tested on me. My nose is constantly runny and all stuffed up at night. I'm thinking about going and talking to them about getting shots. Last time I said no b/c I was hoping all the medication they gave me would help, but now I'm willing to get the shots b/c the allergies just get worse and worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home