Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sneezy, Tired and Grouchy

If any of you had visitors to your blogs at 3 am , that was me. I woke up at 3am with bad allergies. I knew I would regret not stopping at CVS last night to get my prescription.

2:45 am wide awake with sneezy running nose, itchy throat and ears, and itchy watery eyes. Thank goodness my dear husband who goes to work at 4 , volunteered to go to the 24 CVS to pick up my prescription. I was able to go to sleep around 5 only to get up 2.5 hours later for work.

it is going to be along day. I am supposed to run at the gym today, but unless I get a boost of energy, running may be postponed and I may walk on the treadmill or do the elptical machine instead.

In other allergy news, I found out the other day that the dosage of allergy medication I was taking is no longer approved by the FDA unless you have severe allergies that involve losing skin or something like that. I am now down to half the dosage and have an appt with the allergist to see what other medication I can be put on instead of zyrtec since it doesn't really do enough.

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Poor Kiki!!!
You need to rest up so you are ready for your 5k on Saturday!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger kikis' sister said...

Poor you. Sneezing in the middle of the night sucks. My allergies have been horrible too-J says that I am snoring like a pig

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jenniy said...

What kind of allergy meds do you take? I have year round allergies, and everything makes me sneeze. I actually stopped counting the other day when I blew my nose over 30 times in the first hour I was awake!!

I've been prescribed things before, but nothing ever worked. Benadryl does a decent job, funny since it's no prescription, but it makes me so sleepy I only take it at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home