Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Rain Rain every where but not a drop to drink

It is pouring rain here and i guess it has been all night. The streets are all filled with water. Luckily I was running at the gym today not outside. We got to the gym at about 7:15, and it was very empty. I got set up for my run and things were good until I realized I forgot my water. I did a 3 minute walking warmup since I was crunched for time and then I started running. I had adjusted the music on my shuffle to only songs I found I like to run to so the run seemed to be going really well other then the fact I knew I was becoming dehydrated. I set my sights on running at least a mile before stopping to head to the drinking fountain. First mile 13:30 ....stopped treadmill and spent a few minutes at the drinking fountain. My gym sells water too and if my hubby and his wallet weren't in the middle of the workout I would have asked him to buy a water for me. (reminder bring money to the gym just in case) I went back to the treadmill and ran for another 7 minutes at the same pace. I started to walk. I walked for two minutes At this point my hubby had finished his work out and I begged him to go get his wallet (which was in the car in the pouring rain) to get me a water. He did. (yay). I ran for two minutes while he got the water. Walked for 2 minutes while drinking the water and ran for another 3.5 minutes or so and then realized it was time to go. So I walked another 2 minutes and we left.

Total time on Treadmill 33 minutes
Total time running: 25 minutes

I guess that wasn't so bad, I realized now though, that water is the key to keeping me going.
I also think I didn't do bad considering we had macaroni grill last night. I only ate 1/2 of the chicken canneloni I ordered, but was still worried it was too heavy to eat before running.

Last night update:
15 minutes of strength :jiggle proof my arms.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger jkrunning--Just Keep Running said...

I get like that too. If I don't have my water, I am sooo thirsty, but if I have it, I barely drink it. I think it's mental.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home