Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday Gym workout

After a weekend of walking and running, I was eager to get to the gym today. With the race on Saturday, I wanted to see exactly how long it would take me to go 5k.
I started with the 5 minute warmup walk. I realize now I should have done that and then the 5k plan, but realistically, I am going to need to warm up to a run the day of the race. I walked for 5 minutes and went .25 miles. I then started running and ran a full mile in about 13:30. I then slowed to a walk and had some water and walked 1.5 minutes. I then ran for 5 minutes walked for 1.5 ran for 4 walked for 1.5 ran for 3. Walked five minutes ran 2 ending the 45 minutes I had planned to do the 5k in. This had me at 2.95 miles. I reset the treadmill for 5 minutes and did .25 miles in 5 minutes.

Total time on Treadmill 50 minutes
Distance traveled 3.2 miles
Average speed 4 miles per hour (this average includes the walking) I ran at about 4.7 pace.

I am feeling good for the race on Saturday, I may try to run outsideWednesday morning and do eliptical at the gym in the afternoon, prehaps a short run on Friday morning before work since I will be heading to Toledo that evening.
Not sure though.

I also did the eliptical for 20 minutes.

Total time at gym 70 minutes
Total Calories burned 720
I'm am tired.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Random Musings said...

I am tired just reading about it!

Go KikI!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Oh, your times are excellent! Even though you hadn't completely finished in your goal of 45 minutes, you can bet that you will be way under that on race day...the momentum and excitement of so many people doing what you're doing, it tends to add jet propulsion to your feet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home