Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I am a runner

On a daily basis lately, I've been silently questioning if I am in fact a runner. I have been running on a regular basis, but almost every run I do lately ends with me feeling frustrated and/or hurt. When I ran outside last Sunday I felt good running, and I think it was because I was outside and feeling less sick. I was once again disappointed on Mondays run. I haven't stopped running, I go out every day I'm scheduled to run and I run, but I was afraid I was lossing that joy of running and starting to dread it. This morning, after reading more of the courage to start, I realized that I need to stop being so hard on myself, and to find a pace no matter how slow it is and run and enjoy it. So I got to the gym at about 7:15 this morning and I remembered how much I love our gym in the morning, it is so quiet. I know I only have 35 minutes including my warm up. I did the 5 minute warm u p and I started running ....my goal was to run at least 15 minutes, longer then I had run since being sick or getting the blister for that matter. I started at 4.4 on a zero grade and ran there for awhile, slowing down to 4.2 and switching the grade and speed occasionally. The run felt pretty good as I started to find my pace. The first mile finished in 13.58 and on I trod. I brought water this time and drank it regularily...15 minutes passed and I set a new goal 20 minutes...still going ....realize I need to take some songs on my shuffle because I skip by some songs every time. "Proud" comes on and I'm almost to 20 minutes...I decided to keep going. I am still feeling good...down to 4.2 miles per hour ....goal is now to do 2 miles....25 minutes passed..."Check on it" comes on and I breeze through the last few minutes at 4.4 ....two miles completed at 28.10. I slow down to a walk and walk the last two minutes as a cool down. I ran 2 miles....I am a runner.

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

YAY!!!!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Kiki, that's great. In a short amount of time you've progressed far in your training. Think back to when you first started--2 miles would have been hard to imagine. I'm happy for you.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger mouse said...

AWESOME, kiki! :)

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger kikis' sister said...

I can't believe how well you are doing. You are amazing. xxoo

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Awesome job!! You've come so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home