Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Goal Setting

I am realizing now that I need to set some goals, so I have a gauge of how I am doing and also something to shoot for. I am just not sure what realistic goals are and caution to set goals that are unrealistic as they may make me less motivated. Does that make any sense?
I know people set weight goals and I could do that, but I don't know if thats the goal I need right now. I have a weight goal in my head and so far I have been pretty good about sticking with the healthier eating/exercise. So I am not sure what I am looking for, just think I need some direction perhaps. Maybe it will just come to me , I am not sure.



Exercise Update:
Mall walking 57 minutes

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger The Crazy Canadian said...

Dear Kiki,

If you are honestly interested in finding out how to set goals, Anthony Robbins has by far the best goal setting strategy I've seen in years. Give it a shot. Just get his book "Awaken the Giant within" It's fantastic. Good luck with your goals! Please share your first success with us!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger bstab said...

Your such a goal-oriented gal and I completely understand where you are coming from.

My suggestion (as a non-runner) would be to maybe tie a goal into one of the events you signed up for?

You could set simple sounding goals - wear a pedometer and get 10,000 steps a day; then up to to 12,000?

I'm really proud of you!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Random Musings said...

You are doing so well!!
Setting manageable goals is good....it just takes some practice! And remember the word manageable.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Random Musings said...

You are doing so well!!
Setting manageable goals is good....it just takes some practice! And remember the word manageable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home