Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yes I'm still running

Finding motivation to run while on vacation was hard, the weather was pretty icky most days, and I wasn't getting a ton of sleep. My mom and I were scheduled to run on Monday, but it didn't pan out, the same on Tuesday. Finally on Wednesday, I decided I had to do something. So I got up in the rain on Wednesday morning and went to for the scheduled Week 6 run 1. This was walk 5 run 5 walk 3 run 8 walk 3 run 5. The run wasn't so bad besides the fact there are a ton of bikers in the Netherlands and for some reason I was running in the middle of morning rush hour it seemed. The run went well though, and I was glad to go out.


Yesterday was my next scheduled run and even though I felt awful from jetlag and bad eatting , I went out. I was supposed to walk 5 run 10 walk 3 run 10. Well I was quite disorganized and left without enough layers or tissues for my ever runny nose. So my run didn't seem to go as smoothly as I wanted. I ran about 9 minutes each set instead of ten because I didn't feel up to 10 minute segments.

My next run is tomorrow which happens to be the day we are walking in the 5k. So I am going to walk/run I am scheduled to run 25 minutes straight after the 5 minute warmup. I think I will end up trying to do it and then walking the rest of the time for the 5k. I will let you know how it goes.

In other news laundry is mostly all done, I did three loads yesterday. I need to get back on track with my eatting and exercising today and also clean the apartment. I am still a bit jetlagged though.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger bstab said...

Have fun tomorrow!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Good luck in the 5k today!!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You're doing great! I think your run/walk plan rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home