Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Weight lifting....blisters...biking

This is a brief post as I have to go to bed soon. I am working a 10+ hour day tomorrow and need to go to bed.

I just finished watching Michigan win the second round NIT game in double OT. It was a good game, but I can only get into it so much since I think that they should have played better at the end of the season and made the NCAA's .

My blister ended up being about the size of my thumb print. I have bought advance healing band-aids so hopefully that will help.

Hubby and I went back to the gym tonight with a plan to do weight work. I don't feel totally comfortabl yet in the weight room, but my hubby did show me how to use some of the machines. I did about 40 reps on 4 different machines, 2 upper body and 2 lower body and spent about 15-20 minutes in the weight room which I think is a good start.

We then decided to head up and do some cardio. I really didn't want to put any weight on my foot so I did the bicycle for 15 minutes. I realized I really like to use that machine. I went about 5 miles in 15 minutes which is pretty cool.

After that we decided to head home to get dinner before watching prison break...when I have more time I shall review that.


WIDT RECAP
33 minutes Treadmill
15 minutes weights
15 minutes bike

tomorrow I am not sure if I am working out due to the long day.
Goals for Wednesday: to run 2.5 miles or 30 minutes , to do at least 20 minutes of weights even if it is free weights.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jenniy said...

I've never been comfortable in the weight room either. At my old gym it was 99% body builders and 1% everyone else. At this gym it's a mix of everyone, but I still just don't feel comfortable. We have weights and stuff at home, so I think I'll start doing it there.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I love the advanced healing bandaids!! They're awesome. But way too sticky if the blister has already popped, so be careful if that happens - it hurts like a MUG to get it off!

All the Hello Kitty stuff is chocolate! Our Target has tons of it, lots of little cases and cute little gifts with chocolate or little sugar candy stuff in it. If you guys happen not to have it I can take more pics and buy whatever you like and mail it to you!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Kiki said...

I learned the blister thing the hard way...before I read your post. I peeled off all the skin, eew. Now I am not sure what to use.
I will keep you posted on the chocolate. thanks for the offer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home