Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Treading on a Monday Morning

The hubby and I planned to work out early this morning. The clothes were laid out , my alarm was set. Of course when the alarm went off we decided not to go and instead go after work, but by the time we both went back to bed after going to the bathroom, we were both wide awake. So we got ready and left the house at 6:45. We knew we were just going to be able to do cardio because we cut our time short. I got to the gym and head for the Treadmills. It was pretty quiet at the gym, mostly older people. I found a treadmill in a good area and this time decided to go for distance. According to the couch to 5k I should be running for 2.25 miles in 28 minutes. So I set the treadmill for 2.2 miles and did a 5 minute warmup walk. (I realize now that I should have done the walk then set up the 2.2 mile run, oh well). So I set the distance and got started. I ran at a about a 4.5 mile per hour range. It took me 33 minutes to 2.2 miles but that includes the warmup walk so I am pretty on pace. The run was good, I didn't start feeling tired until about 15 minutes in and then I felt like I was getting a blister around 20 minutes in, but I didn't stop. When I finished and got home, I see that yes I am on the verge of blistering. I need to figure out the cause and prevent that from getting worse. I know I need new shoes, but it will be a month or so before I can swing that so I just need to do a work around that issue for now.

Overall the run was good and I am glad I went this morning. I put a new mix of music on my shuffle try to make sure it was a good mix of uptempo music. I found I enjoy running to Stupid Girl by Pink, Milkshake by Kelis, Bring EM Out by TI among others. I feel better knowing I am at least mostly on target with Couch to 5k week 8 (walk 5 run 28 minutes or 2.2 miles) which is where I should be.


We may go back to the gym tonight to cardio or strength.

I am skipping the gym tomorrow as I have work from 6:45 until 4:45 and will probably not work out tomorrow or do a small cardio routine at home.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger jkrunning--Just Keep Running said...

Could it be your socks?? Certain socks--thick ones, always give me blisters.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Do you have synthetic socks? They make a world of difference.

Also, my foot is sort of narrow so adding inserts/orthotics to my shoes helps my foot not slide around so much in the toe-box. I used to have massive blistering issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home