Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I did it

Yesterday we joined a gym. The gym is opened 24 hours a day Monday-Friday. It has lot of exercise equipment and weights. I realize now I need workout clothes for working out inside around others. I also need to by a lock for a locker.


We are going to go tonight for our first adventure. I hope I can figure out how things work. I know alot of you gym regulars complain about newbies...

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Garou said...

Congrats on joining. I've always found myself more likely to stick to a program if I am (for example) paying a monthly fee. After all, I'm paying for the gym - I might as well try to get my money's worth.

As far as being a newbie goes, just follow simple rules of etiquette. Don't use a dreadmill (or any other piece of cardio equipment, such as stair climbers) for more than 30 minutes if there is a line. Wipe down the equipment after you use it. And, if you don't know how to use something - ask. (Actually, I've only had problems with some people forgetting to clean up after themselves; my gym rarely has lines for equipment.)

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger angie's pink fuzzy said...

yay! have fun!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jenniy said...

Newbies are really just annoying during January - when the number of people in the gym triple for a month! Otherwise they're not too bad. I wish my gym was 24 hours, but I love the convient location too much to change.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger comebacknikki said...

Very cool! I'd love to join a 24 hour gym, but I've been with Bally's for so long that I'm only paying $15 a month.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger bstab said...

Dude, everyone is a newbie at one time. If you find someone getting impatient with you, just remember they did the same thing when they first joined, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home