Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Winded

This morning I work up and I had little to no motivation. I was tired, I woke up with a headache and started my period this morning, but I was up and I knew if i was going keep doing this I had to go out this morning.
So I left the house at about 7:20 and luckily it wasn't raining as I had thought it was. I was worried about the rain since i don't really know what one wears for running in the rain. (advice anyone?)
It was pretty damp outside, relatively warm (about 35 degrees) and pretty quiet. Today's run was the second day of the 3rd week of Couch to 5k. I think I need to work on the pace of my running as I think I am trying to run to fast and that is why I get winded at the end of the stretches. My legs and feet are ok with the runs, its just my breathing that is messed up. I need to figure out how to breathe right.
I enjoyed running this morning as it wasn't that cold, and I took a different route. Reason I think I am going to fast is I covered about 2 miles during my trek this morning which seems longer then before. I think I need to tell myself that slow and steady wins the race that I don't need to be a speed demon. Not that I am running fast by any means, but I am running instead of jogging and I don't know if I am ready for that yet.

That being said, I haven't made a decision yet about week 4.
Which is
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
• Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
• Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
• Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
• Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
• Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
• Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
• Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

The five minutes stretches sort of scare me. Granted it is an increase of only about 6 minutes of jogging total, but it seems like a lot.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Good job!!

You should not be running fast! That is a good way to get discouraged. I would suggest you run slowly for the first stretch and then if you are up for it run a little faster the second time. But still not really fast.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

I agree with Simba's mom.
you shouldn't be running fast.
especially if you're going to "run" with me :-)

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

The fact that you're thinking about how fast you're running shows that you are getting the hang of this running thing. Lots of training plans say that an easy jog means that you can carry on a conversation with someone. Slow down next time and see how you feel. I think that you are on the right track.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Hey! For rain, a cap is my best accessory. You're gonna get wet anyway, so depending on if it's a cool rain or a warm rain wear something moisture wicking and non see-through!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home