Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tuesday running with tupac

So this morning was the start of week 4 of couch to 5k. I woke up this morning and was a bit nervous. The 4th week of program involves running for 5 minutes straight, which scared me. I got up though and started getting ready. The temperature at run time was 23 with a wind chill of 11. Still chilly, but much warmer then my Saturday Frozen Run. I had put my week 4 songs on my new shuffle last night, and I was excited to use it. I stretched and headed out, deciding this time to run on the paved side streets near the local condos. My first 3 minute run went ok, although like every Tuesday run I am excited to be running at all and I think I start off too fast. Remembering that I needed to pace myself, I slowed down. I knew when it was time for the first walk portion, which was only 90 seconds, that i needed to relax and prepare myself for the first 5 minute run. I managed to make it through the whole 5 minutes without stopping, I did slow down quite a bit by the tail end and was very ready for the walk. The next run of 3 minutes seemed to go quicker and i think i was moving faster again...at least for part of it. By the last 5 minute run segment, as I ran to the sound to Tupac "Me against the world", I really just wanted to make it through. I was tempted to stop half way through, my legs were getting tired..but I knew if I slowed down I could make it...and I did. I really like that song for running, this verse seems to fit with my run

"The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
Don't settle for less
even the genius asks-es questions
Be grateful for blessings
Don't ever change, keep your essence
The power is in the people and politics we address
Always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic
And when you get stranded
And things don't go the way you planned it
Dreamin of riches, in a position of makin a difference
Politicians and hypocrites, they don't wanna listen
If I'm insane, it's the fame made a brother change
It wasn't nuttin like the game
It's just me against the world"


I think that the next run this week will be easier or at least less stressful. Hopefully by Saturday I will have mastered this and be ready to move on.

I really never thought I could run for 5 minutes straight. Let alone run 16 minutes total in one workout. I was tired when I finished, but not much more tired then I was any of the previous workouts so that was good.

It is supposed to be 40 when I run again on thursday so that is good.

5 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Good job running 5 minutes straight! Great that you slowed down, rather than walked.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Good for you! Dog lover mentioned that you were nervous about this week. I've had many runs where I wanted to stop and walk. I've stressed often about the next week in a training plan or a race. Running/exercise blogs are popular in part because it's easy to relate. Keep up the good work. I like that you're adding in the temperature and wind chill.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

Good job Kiki!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Awesome job! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to read a post from you one day when you've run for a half hour, then an hour and so on. You can totally do it.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Judi B said...

Fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home