Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Running in the Rain -posted 2/4

I seem to be having a problem posting. Blogger keeps eating my posts. After it happened the first time I have been saving them in word just in case. Here is my post from yesterday

So even though it was raining and miserable out this morning, I decided at to go out and do my run/walk inside. I don't really have enough room in my apartment to do this workout properly. I often find myself stoping and starting again because I've run out of room.So I threw on some sweatpants (with a pocket for my ipod) and a sweatshirt and went out for my workout.
The rain wasn't that heavy. I started my brisk walk warm up as I made my way to the nearby park. I then made a decision to just run in the park rather then on the side streets near the park...my decision was based on the fact that I didn't want to fall on cement if I fell while walking or running and there was less people who would see me running in the park then if i went on the sidewalk. I need to get over my anxiety of what people would think. Maybe when I am running longer.

That being said the park was actually a good place to walk and run, a bit muddy but otherwise empty and enough space that i wasn't going in circles.I finished and walked back to my apartment as the cooldown. By the time I got the few blocks home I was exhausted. I can tell that I got a better workout outside then inside. I am not sure how I will do moving on to week two next week as 1 minute of running is just about enough right now...we shall see.

WIDT :couch to 5k week 1 , 25 minutes plus 5 minutes cool down.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Judi B said...

Congrats on going running! I know it's hard with elements involved, but you sounded successful!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Yeah!! Sometimes a run in the rain when no one is out is such a relaxing thing. Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home