Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Resisting the temptation

Life seems filled with temptations lately that need to be resisted, funny that in addition to donuts and shakes, today's lastest urge is to exercise, even though my mom told me I needed a day of rest.
And she is right, I have worked out everyday in one way or another since 1/21. Some days I have done less then others, but everyday I did something.

Mom I was listening, I did try not to do anything , but the hubby wanted someone to work out with so I did 15 minutes of yoga.

So I know I need to work on taking a day off hear and there. I do listen I promise.

In other news, I am still running tomorrow even though it is supposed to be very cold. I think I am just going to have to figure out layers.


I am trying to finish Vanishing Acts, some parts are really good and others it seems to drag. I am too far into it to put it aside.

Waiting on me to finish for potential next reads are
Made in Detroit : a south of 8 Mile memoir
Prep
The Friendship Test
I also just bought The Complete Book Of Running For Women as well.

With the weather this cold and the hubby working all weekend , I think I will be able to get alot of reading done.

WIDT
15 minutes of yoga (partial segments of yoga abs, and buns and thighs)

3 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I have that running book! You could have borrowed mine!! If you want to read other running books (maybe from the library), try "No need for speed" or "The Courage to Start," both by John Bingham. Funny and informative.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Buccaneer Betty said...

Good for you! I am so impressed that you started this running program in the winter! I remember looking back thinking how amazing it is that your sister and I dreaded running for 90 seconds. Now look at her. You can do it!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I've also got the Comp Book of Running for Women. It's great! I also recommend UltraMarathon Man by Dean Karnazes. It's very interesting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home