Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Reading

I got a comment tonight that I read fast and I thought I would write a post about it. I am not sure what it is with me and books. It started when I was a kid. I would sit and read a book cover to cover. I loved reading. I loved being able to read a book and escape into the story. My mom worked at a bookstore when I was in junior high school and used to bring me home books. I read 30 books in one month in the sixth grade as part of the BOOK IT program.
I can't say that I read textbooks as fast as I read books for enjoyment, but I do like non-fiction as much as I do fiction.
If its a good book and I have the time, I could finish it in a few hours. I used to buy books more often then I do now, but have come to the conclusion that in order to feed my reading habit and not go broke, that libraries are the best thing for me. I don't usually have the time anymore to sit and read for long periods of time, but when I do I take advantage of it.
I have been know to stay up way passed my bedtime engrossed in a book, wanting to know what the ending is. I think reading for me is something that I don't take enough time to do, but when I do I remember why I love it so much.

I also read at work during lunch time, and my co-workers most all of whom don't read , think I am odd.

6 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger bstab said...

I multi-task and read while taking a bath.

But yes, I'm with you on all of it. Reading is a great escape and by far one of my favorite things to do. If I still worked with you, I'd bring a book and we could be weird together.

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there will always be a divide between those who possess an innate love for reading and those who do not. It's like being on the "inside", and getting one of life's greatest inside jokes. I'm glad I get it!--nrg

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Random Musings said...

I have always read...a lot! And usually stay up too late if I am into a book. Reading has taken me all over the world and through time....it is one of my favorite ways to spend time. I read fiction, no-fiction, biography...I absolutely love to read. I used to read during lunch too. So I don't think it is weird at all!!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger redlib said...

Librarians love you! I know when I was looking for a boy, being a reader was on the top of the list. Good thing Shoreturtle set the scene and had a book next to his desk.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger angie's pink fuzzy said...

Wow, I've never found another person like me when it comes to reading! Cool beans.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Rae said...

How funny! I'm glad I could inspire a post. =) I used to read more when I was younger but now I just don't have the time. = ( Unless blogs count..... I prefer chic lit but this year my focus is on classics. I read Pride and Prejudice and now I'm reading Emma. I liked P&P a lot better. Next up is 1984.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home