Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Random Running Rambling

Second day of week 4 began this morning at approx. 7 am . It was clear out and about 25. Wind was mild , I am guessing there was no wind chill. Getting outside felt good, even though I was a little tired from staying up to watch the pilot of Lost (which I am now eager to watch the whole first season).

the walk felt good, the first run was ok...I took my new route into the side street with the condo's. I don't feel bad running on this street instead of the sidewalk since it gets very little traffic.

the temperature felt good, warmest run I'd done in while. I noticed for the first time that I was able to think abit while running instead of having to focus on picking up my feet.

The first 5 minute run I did ok , I legs were a bit sore, but I wasn't super winded. The second 3 minute run I started to get tired and slowed my pass down to a very slow jog. I picked up speed just a smig for the start of the second 5 minutes , but quickly slowed down remembering that it was 5 minutes and i needed to pace myself.
I feel like I am doing a bit better at the five minute segments, but I am still exhausted when I finish and I know by this afternoon after sitting at a desk all day, that I am going to be still. I think I will go out and get lunch today..maybe that will help.

UPDATE:
WIDT
Couch to 5k week 4 - 30 minutes plus warmup
Lunch time walk to subway 15 minutes

( i feel like a slacker)

4 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

You're so good. I was going to get up early today to run, but I overslept instead. I'm going to try to go at lunch.

I'm excited that you're going to see your nephews.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

Good for you!
You're lucky you didn't have our weather. There was some snow/ice substance on the ground this morning..schools were delayed 2hours.
I knew today was your run day and I was a little concerned you might have the same thing.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Judi B said...

Once you condition yourself more you won't be AS tired...keep your motivation going, you're an inspiration!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Why do you feel like a slacker? You're doing a great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home