Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Office Temptations

Yesterday afternoon in the middle of my chocolate craving afternoon, I got an email from a woman in my office announcing that she was ordering shakes from a delivery place in town. These shakes are amazingly delicious and fattening. I resisted and did not order.

This morning after I am upstairs in my office eatting my light thick and creamy yogurt (which my husband went out special and got me 10 of...yay i love them) , someone sends an email announcing there are donuts in the kitchen.

I reply back and tell her thanks, but I am ignoring the fact that she sent the emial and she replies, "I guess I shouldn't tell you that they were warm when I brought them in" .

See what I have to put up with on a regular basis? We are all part of the office get fit movement mentioned earlier and yet they aren't working out and they are eatting like crap.

UPDATE: They ordered shakes again. I resisted. This is getting easier.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger bstab said...

Dude. We don't have the donut problem (for obvious reasons). Though when we do, we have the even more frustrating situation of people ripping one in half...and then you have to either deal with their paw prints having been all over it or throw it away.

I swear other people's bad eating habits at work are the worst thing for anyone who is trying to eat a healthy normal diet.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Maybe one day you should bring in a healthy snack for everyone and show them that treats don't have to be fattening.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kiki said...

i thought about that and I think they would eat more then a portion or not eat it at all.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thank you for your comment on my site!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Zara said...

Good grief! You really do dodge food bullets all day long! I'm picturing a Matrix-like scene where you're bent backward 90 degrees and donuts and milkshakes are flying at your head. But your superpowers slow down the time and allow you dodge each one before it smacks into your mouth. Hooray!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? And makes you want to kill your coworkers...

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Rae said...

How rude! To me the best vindication is when the weight really starts dropping off you and then they're all jealous. A lot of times when people tell me they've brought doughnuts or something else gross in I make a really mean face and say "Ewww. That's so fattening." and then look them up and down a little. Yeah, it's mean but that's me and it gets the point across.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home