Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Friday, February 10, 2006

My husband the hypochondriac

My day began abruptedly at 4:30 this morning when my husband woke me up. It took me three "huh?'s" to understand that he wanted me to look at his eye. Which after getting my eyes to focus on things, I looked at his eye and saw it looked a bit bloodshot but maybe just like he had rubbed it or something. He said "do you think I have pink eye" I said " I don't know doesn't look like it to me but i don't know what pink eye looks like", "do you have any pain or symptoms?" He said "no, its just red..what should I do?" I said "I'm tired and I have no clue" which meant "3 minutes later I was on the internet attempting to find the symptoms of pink eye". Mean while he was just standing in the bathroom staring at his eye .. I said" start getting ready for work do something...you can't just stand there obsessed."
So I went on webmd and found out that pink eye has many symptoms of which he had none other then the red eye. Told him to take some eyedrops and get ready for work and let me know if it didn't get any better.
Of course it got better and is fine.

Now this isn't the first time my husband thought he had some ailment or another. There was the time he had a stomach ache after drinking milk among other things and he was convinced he was lactose intolerant.

or the time he coughed during the summer and was convinced he had allergies. I said do you have itchy eyes, throat, ears or nose like I do all summer ? he said no.

So needless to say, i tend to get a through assessment of the situation before believing his ailment.

I did go back to sleep until I was supposed to get up , but never quite as soundly.

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could have a significant other like mine who develops gut wrenching cramps every time he eats a dairy product, but still insists on his 2 bowls of sugar cereal with milk just before retiring to bed. There is a special place in hell reserved for me, because I flat out refuse to feel sorry when blatant stupidity is involved. Is it 5:00 yet? :)
--nrg

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger bstab said...

LOL, nrg. LOL indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home