Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

kiki runs for 3 minutes

Week 3 of couch to 5k started today.

Week 3
5 minute brisk walking
1.5 minutes jogging
1.5 minutes walking
3 minutes jogging
3 minutes walking
(repeat)

It was cold out this morning, but not as cold as last week. It was hard to motivate myself this morning, as I knew it was a new week and a harder routine. The first 3 minute set of jogging I thought I would have to stop and give up. ..i was out of breath, my lungs hurt (perhaps from the cold) and my calves hurt. (YES Mom i did stretch). I was able to pull through.
The 90 second run/walk went by in no time. The second run I really knew I just had to push myself through, and I did it. I only stopped for about 5 seconds because I had to maneuver around ice. I ended up going farther this time, I had planned one route , but there were too many dogwalkers and kids waiting for the bus , so I modified for another route. I ended up finishing the last 3 minute walk and was still a few minutes away from my house so I was actually out there about 28-30 minutes. This is going to be a hard week.

My new songs for the 3 minute runs/walk
Milkshake - Kelis
Imagine-John Lennon
Its hard out their for a pimp- From hustle and flow
Harder to breathe-Maroon 5.


I had half a bagel with light cream cheese this morning , yum .

I found out I have to cover phones for 5.5 hours today, ugh.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

good for you!
I do think it's harder in the cold.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Way to go! Cold sucks. Just think how much easier it will be this spring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home