Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Giving into Craving??

Today I didn't feel like cooking and so we ordered out again (second day in a row). We ordered breakfast food both days, omelets made with egg beaters, but I still feel guilty for not cooking and not eatting better.

Even worse what i really wanted tonight was a cheeseburger and fries. I know it is occasionally ok to have the foods you crave, but I also fear that such a indulgence could lead to a downward spiral.
I guess my question is this, is it a good thing to give into my craving? will my body understand that this is just a one time thing or will I want it all the time?


WIDT
35 minutes couch to 5k Week 4!!!
20 minutes of biggest loser bootcamp(plus warm up and cool down) inspired by simbasmom's podcast

5 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger bstab said...

I'm Queen of Cravings at the moment. HOWEVER, I do find that I appreciate the fries, etc, when I have them less often and I'm not tempted to just live off of them. And I appreciate the healthier food knowing that there are fries in my future.

But that could just be me.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

I don't think having a cheeseburger and fries once in awhile is going to send you on a downward spiral.
I sometimes get that same craving and when I finally decide to succumb, it tastes really really good, but I then no longer think about it and can go back to "regular" eating.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

just have a little one. like a happy meal size. or just a small fry. and then no more. it will quench the craving, but not completely derail you. you may find that eating that kind of food will make you feel sluggish and gross (which is a good future deterrent)

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Judi B said...

When I was serious about watching what I ate...I would have half a hamburger and limit myself to 10 fries. That usually did the trick and I felt better about myself afterwards. The scale liked me better too.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I would give into the craving. Eating bad stuff once in a while won't derail you and you won't feel like you're on a "diet". A lot of times if I do eat poorly I end up feeling so gross afterwards I won't want bad stuff for a long time. Then my craving start turning towards less bad stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home