Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Date Night

Last night was date night. It was pretty miserable yesterday weather wise, but we decided not to let that stop us. We went to the movies, my pick this time, and saw Something New.
This for those of you who have never heard of it, is a new movie starring Sanaa Lathan. In the movie, she is a financial analyst who can’t seem to find anyone to date that mets her many standards. One of her co-workers sets her up on a blind date and shocker the man happens to be white. She ends up being really rude to him, but hires him as her landscape architect because he is talented. The movie is about her coming to terms with the idea that she may love someone who isn’t the ideal she thought she wanted, namely because he is white. I don’t want to go into the details of the movie, but do want to say that I found it to be a good romantic comedy. I liked the fact that it was a somewhat intelligent film, that the characters were smart and professional. I think it shows that prejidice against interracial couples isn’t restricted to one side of the relationship or the other. It also had enough comedy and good debate that the hubby actually walked out saying he liked the movie and he doesn’t like romantic comedies usually.

After the movie, we went to dinner at Applebee’s since I knew they had something I could eat without figuring out the calories etc. I had the confetti chicken and it was good. I made the mistake of having the weightwatchers chocolate cake dessert, which although good ended up giving me a stomach ache a bit later. I think it has something to do with the sugar alcohol used in low calorie chocolate. Remind me to avoid that.

We also ended up going grocery shopping last night since we were done with the movie/dinner early and had planned to go Monday.
Trip was uneventful other then the fact I had to go to two krogers to find the stuff we wanted and managed to leave my purse at the first kroger and had to go back. Luckily it was still in the cart , in the snow.

Speaking of snow we now have about 3inches of snow on the ground with possibly more to come.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

you were sure lucky to find that your purse was still in the cart..
that's not how i thought the story would end.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Judi B said...

I have been interested in seeing the movie...added it to my Netflix list per your suggestion! That's great about your purse...what a happy ending!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home