Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Couch to 5k

As mentioned in my post last night, I have decided to start the Couch to 5k training program.

For those of you unfamilar with the program, its a two month program that increases your running by the week. You do it 3 times a week.

The first week, which I started last night is

Walk 5 minutes (warm up)
Jog 60 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Continue the Jog/Walk for 20 minutes

Of course I read this wrong the first time and did 20 minute total. Oops.
Anyway it wasn't so bad, considering I don't run and have never liked to run...i think the only running I ever did was for the president's fitness challenge and that is only 1 mile and I struggled to jog it. I did this inside my apartment and realize that i should probably do it outside....so I need to figure out what to wear to do that.

We will see how this goes.

I now know I need a stopwatch of some sort, and running shoes and possibly clothes ro run in....

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I think that you need to go on a shopping trip!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger kikis' sister said...

Hooray for you... I am impressed. Good luck sticking with it-difficult at best with Michigan weather

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

YAY for running! And yay for run/walk/run/walking!!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Yay for you!! I have really good luck getting Champion brand stuff off the clearance rack at Target. It's moisture wicking and everything. I also stalk the clearance rack at our running specialty shops, too!! Running clothes add up to serious $$, esp the good winter ones! I had way too many cold winter long training runs to skimp on that stuff. It's worth it, it'll last forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home