Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cold Morning

This morning I woke up to and it was 12 degrees with a windchill of 2. Today was my scheduled day to run and I was determined I was not going to let the cold stop me. I decided that if I wore the same outfit as last time but added a scarf that I would be ok. I headed outside at about 7:00 am, the sun had yet to come out. The streets were empty, but I could see clearly from the street lights. There was very little wind and it didn't seem much colder then Tuesday morning so I thought it would be ok. I took the same path I did last time, since I knew it well. The running portions went fine, I found it harder to breath through the scarf so I pulled it down a little on the run portion. Once I was warmed up from the activity I didn't really feel the cold at all which is good. The sun also came out, which I am sure warmed the temperature at least a few degrees. I am beginning to enjoy running more and actually look forward to the run segment, that isn't to say I'm not ready for the walk portion when it comes time. I finished my route and headed at about 7;28 and got ready for work and left the house in time to catch the bus. Of course I forgot my IPOD which made the walk to work from the bus stop a lot less enjoyable.

I wore the inexpensive shoes I already had for the run and they feel comfortable...so I am wondering if I need new shoes now at all ...or if I should wait until I am running longer distances.

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Dude. You are a runner.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

I went outside this morning and said..i'm sure glad this isn't a run day :-)
good for you braving the cold!
If the shoes feel good, I'd keep wearing them.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Getting out in 12 degrees makes you hardcore!!! Awesome job. You need one of ST's ninja masks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home