Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Cheeseburgers and Running

Common Sense should tell you that eating a cheeseburger and fries and then running isn’t a wise idea, but I wasn’t thinking.

Last night while babysitting we went to the coney island at the mall and I really wanted a cheeseburger and fries so I splurged and had it. It was good, but not quite as good as I remembered partly because it was flame broiled, which isn’t my preference. I never was a big burger king fan. After eating we walked a bit to the movie theater also in the mall to see Chicken Little. This movie was much better then I expected. I had one serving of skittles at the movies. So I didn’t eat terribly bad, but I think I forgot that I was running this morning.

So I wake up this morning and my stomach wasn’t happy and so it took be a bit longer to get out to run then I had planned. I headed out at about 8:45. It was 35 with a NW wind so it was hard to find a direction to run in. No matter which way I went the wind seemed to be in my path, head on or from the side. The sun was out and it was pleasant, but I felt really groggy…much like I did during my first run four weeks ago. The first three minute run seemed really long, but once I ran that and had the break the 5 minute wrong wasn’t so bad. My stomach hurt a bit, but otherwise I did ok. The rest of the run progressed ok, I had to keep turning to avoid the wind, so my route ended up being weird.

I was thinking ahead to my future weeks of training and next week by the 3rd run I am supposed to run 20 minutes at one time. I don’t know if my knees can handle that yet. I may have to do 5 minutes walk for 30 -60 seconds and then run again. We shall see.

I am off to shower, for an afternoon out with a friend. For now I will leave you with the lesson of the day, an occasional cheeseburger is fine, just don’t do it the night before you run.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Rae said...

There are a ton of things I've learned are bad for me the night before a run - and all the wrong way, ugh!!

Congrats on treating your cravings, we all need a treat once in a while and you've done much better than I've ever been able to do with your eating habits!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home