Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

walking on ice

Almost every morning, I walk approximently a mile from the bus stop to work. On most mornings the walk isn't that bad, but on a day like today when there was ice every where it was a bit of a pain.

I am thankful that people shovel the snow from their sidewalks, but when it is this icy out, it would almost be better to have the snow to walk in instead of patchy ice.

Maybe I should take up ice-skating.

I haven't been including my morning walk in with my exercise log, but maybe I should be...any thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Ice skating is a great form of exercise.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger mouse said...

In terms of logging your walk versus not logging your walk... hmmm... I probably wouldn't bother if it was something that I did each and every day, and that I did before I started exercising. If I had just started walking to work instead of driving because I thought it might help me achieve a higher fitness level I would, though.

having said that, it IS physical activity that you've done for the day, and that's always a boost to look at, even if it is something that's routine.

I tend to only log stuff that may help me identify trends. Like "I noticed every time I wear heels, I have calf cramps during my run." So I guess it depends on your purpose of logging stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home