Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Unmotivated Monday

I don't know why it is that I think that I can get up early. I thought this morning I would get up before work to workout, the problem is I value sleep too much. I would prefer to sleep in then get up in the dark.

I think if I definitely knew I had no chance to workout in the evening, I might be able to motivate myself, but I am not sure that would even work.

I have been asked a few times how Sunday dinner went, well luckily for me we went out to eat. Now first of all keep in mind that I didn't know we were eating out and didn't dress for eating out. I was wearing comfy sweats not going out clothes. Anyway, my in-laws wanted to try a restaurant that they had heard about at their church. Well at least it wasn't a buffet, it was instead a southern restaurant.

It was hard for me to find something on the menu that wasn't fried, smothered or super fattening. I ended up eating roasted chicken , candied yams, some corn bread and a salad. The food was good, but huge portions. I only ate a bit of everything.

We watched flightplan last night. It was pretty good. I really like Jody Foster.

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger bstab said...

A true sign of your success and commitment is that you managed to find something to eat at an unhealthy restaurant and that you limited your portions once there.

I'm soooooooo proud of you! It sounds like you are beating yourself up a bit about not getting up but then look at you! You are doing the harder part - conforming your daily dietary needs to going out to eat.

GO KIKI!

PS You can't make yourself into a morning person. You either are one or you aren't one. Just keep up the good work otherwise and YAY YOU!

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Little Man Tate said...

"Jane was late picking me up and I got hit in the head with a globe."

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

You totally rocked at your eating out choices! And it is double great that you were able to limit your portions. It can be a tough battle between knowing the size of portion you should eat and not wanting to leave so many leftovers.

Oh, and the only way you can become a morning person is to stop being a night person: go to bed at 10pm like me!!!! :)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Random Musings said...

I was just reading this morning that weight loss is also tied to the amount of sleep you get . They are finding that people who get enough sleep lose weight more easily...so not getting up early is probably a good thing!

I think you are doing so well! Changing your eating habits and attacking a real workout plan is not easy. Remember, research saysthat it takes at least 28 days for something new to become a habit....and sometimes it takes a bit longer!

I say Congratulations for your new outlook!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home