Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Temptation

In my office, we have a lunch area and there tends to always be snacks of some sort that people brought in. Within the last week, there has been a birthday cake, friendship bread, hershey's kisses, oatmeal cookies and a bunch of other items. I have resisted the temptation to indulge day after day. Today, I was sitting at the lunch table eatting my healthy lunch , snacking on carrots , when one of my co-workers said "oh i think i need chocolate". I volunteered that I had a jello fat free pudding upstairs that she was welcome to, knowing that she too is interested in losing weight. But then another woman from our office, said "oh there is a box of hershey's in the cupboard, have some of those" So now everyone is eatting chocolate and I am not. Now don't get me wrong, I know I could have a had one or two pieces, but I have decided to pick when I indulge and decided to make it things I really want not anything. So on top of this as I am getting done with lunch, a co-worker walks in with 2 large pizza's , the cheap 5.00 a pizza kind, and everyone is grabbing pizza and eatting it. Now I love pizza, its one of my favorites, and I haven't had really pizza since New Years. I have had a South Beach pizza lunch or a lean cuisine pizza sub, but thats all.

I might have been tempted, but the thing is that it wasn't even good pizza and I know that if I am going to eat pizza it is going to be pizza that I really like. That being said, I haven't been craving pizza. When I was sick with the stomach flu it was one of the foods that I had issues with...so I 've been avoiding it.

I think I've been pretty good about resisting temptation and I realize that I am going to make mistakes along the way. I am just hoping that it gets easier not harder.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Rae said...

It will totally get easier. There was a time in my life where I would never turn down a Krispy Kreme and now I think they're so gross. I think it's because I know how long it takes to burn that stuff off, how it isn't even filling, and how proud I am of myself and the changes I've made. You'll be there before you know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home