Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Shoe Help

I've decided that I need new shoes for working out. I have been using cheap shoes for walking and have been working out in my socks. I think its time to invest in new shoes.
Problem is I don't know what kind of shoe to look for. I used to buy athletic shoes in college just for the look of them, but I know that isn't what I want them for, although I would like them to be cute.

So here is what I need
  • shoes for that i can use for cardio and walking
  • that are width width
  • that aren't ugly

anyone have any suggestions. I thought about ordering online, but realize I probably have to try the shoes on.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I was talking to our friend YM and she actually had some shoes she was going to see if you wanted. I highly recommend zappos.com. Decent prices on shoes with free shipping. The best part: they pay for return shipping if they don't fit or you don't like them!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger comebacknikki said...

I personally really like New Balance. I went to a speciality running store to find the right shoes (they have you run on a treadmill to check your stride) and then I ordered them from zappos. If you're doing a variety of exercises, I highly recommend getting cross trainers.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I like the look of Nike but they don't work for me for running. I'd recommend going to your local running specialty store and having them analyze your feet. Our Fleet Feet looks at your bare foot and then puts you on the treadmill to analyze your gait. They have walking and running shoes, too. I wouldn't trade their knowledge for anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home