Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My evening

So tonight when I got home from work, I decided to re-arrange the guest bedroom, affectionately know as the hello kitty room . (pictures soon)

Usually the futon, that is set up like a couch in the picture is set up like a bed for visiting guests. I decided that since I have vhs work out tapes and the only vcr is connected to the tv in the guest room that it was time to put the futon up. Which of course meant moving all the pillows of the bed and the covers, putting the wooden futon frame and mattress up and then re-organizing the pillows. This along with digging out the vhs tapes took a lot more time then I bargained for.

Anyway, it ended up being six-fifteen by the time I started to work out so I thought oh i will just do the Denise Austin Blast Away 10 pounds workout since it was only 20 minutes, thinking it would be quick and then I would be done in time for dinner and our evening plans.

Well, obviously that the reason I didn't like this video was because you have to be in shape to do it. As a result, I ended up only doing about 10 minutes, which already had me pretty tired and decided to try something else.

I then moved on to the Zumba video, which is a latin dance video, which is fun. The workout isn't super hard, but requires some coordination and is a good change of pace. (by the way if anyone has any good work out dvd/vhs suggestions please let me know)

Once i finished, I had dinner and then being the nice wife I sat down and watch wedding crashers with my husband, which is not my type of movie at all. It was basically a waste of two hours. There were some funny parts, but I could have never seen the movie and been fine. He owes me at least one romantic comedy and a drama or documentary for that one.

WIDT (recap)
10 minutes of kick boxing video
35 minutes dance workout

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I think now you get to go see Walk the Line!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Send your hubby down here to us! We love Wedding Crashers and anything that has Vince Vaughn!! He's a nut. Old School is the best movie ever made.

I haven't done that Denise Austin workout but I have some of her other stuff and love it. She's annoying as hell and I would probably have to punch her if I ever met her, but she has some great toning exercises. I TiVo her 2 workout shows that come on here at 6 am on Lifetime every day so I have some workout programs ready at all times. Sometimes I get bored doing my same workout DVDs over and over, so it helps with variety!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home