Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Glory Road

The bagelboy(my new blog nickname for my husband) and I went out for a date tonight to see Glory Road , dinner at Applebees and then a quick trip to Target.

The movie was really good. I am not sure how accurate it was to the actual story, but it was definitely a feel good sports movie. I think it also brought to light a story of triumph over prejudice. And I think it will open (some) people's eyes to see that prejudice existed/exists in sports. Both the bagel boy and I really enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good sports movie.

Applebees was good as well, we had to wait quite sometime , thats what we get for going out on a Saturday night. I did good and ate off the weightwatchers portion of the menu, I had confetti chicken, which was good I substituted the vegetables for a small house salad since I wasn't sure I would like all the vegetables. I also had the weight watchers dessert which was a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting it was pretty yummy as well.

Our trip to target was good, bagelboy really wanted to get home to watch the game, and wasn't in much mood to go to target, but then again he hates shopping so I don't think that would be different on any other day.
My mission was to find a decently priced digital scale to replace our crappy analog one , which I did. My only other purchases were from the $1 spot which is my favorite section. I got another water bottle ( i now have four, but I figured another would be good) and the I also got a work out dvd in that same section. Its called Absolute Power Strength Conditioning. (notice how the same dvd is 19.95 at amazon.com). It is kind of cheesy but I think it will be a good structured workout for days I want to do strength training. You can't pass up things that cost a dollar. Seems they had a bunch of fitness stuff in the dollar section including 1 pd hand weights, wrist weights, cute little gym bags and other items.

I am off to read now. I think I have manage to avoid tv all day, except for part of the football game that was on at the restuarant.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger kikis' sister said...

You are doing a great job on your workout regime. xxoo

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Keep up the healthy eating and workouts, you're doing great!! TGIFridays also has a healthy eating menu, if you guys have one of those!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Susan said...

You're doing great with nutrition. $1.00 for that strenght video is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home