Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Adventures with Yoga

I have never tried yoga and I know people say it can be both relaxing and good exercise. So I thought I would give it a try. Keep in mind that I am clumsy and not super flexible.

I borrowed a workout tape from a friend and put it into my vcr earlier this week. Now as you notice I didn't mention this in my workout list this week, because I didn't do the workout i just watched it and realized it was too long and too complicated to hold my interest. I decided to see what my library had and reserved two tapes 20 minute yoga make over total tone with weights and MTV Power Yoga.

Bagel boy and I did the 20 minute dvd this morning and found it to be just about our speed. We still need to work on mastering the poses, and trying not to fall on our faces. Although this wasn't a relaxing yoga tape, it was good for stretching,weight work, toning and flexibility which we need.

After doing this tape, we thought we would look at the MTV one. We turned it on and realized that it was way beyond our abilities at the moment.

We decided that yoga might at least in some form might be a good addition to our workouts .


WIDT
20 Minutes of yoga with weights
30 minute walking 2 mile tape without weights

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger bstab said...

Tape This.Give it a few tries once in awhile. You'll love the music and it's really a good intro to yoga. Just realize you aren't going to be doing it as an expert for a long time; this show doesn't expect you to be one. Don't expect to do all the holds the first few times; nor should you expect to be able to hold them as long as these people can. You can stop and just breathe until they move to the next one and then you should be good.

After you've done that for awhile, you'll find that MTV Power Yoga isn't too bad.

You're doing such a great job and by continuing to add variety to your workouts, you'll be sure to keep it up! I'm so proud of yoU!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I've got the MTV Pilates one and it can be pretty tough so I bet the yoga one is, too. Great job with the workouts, 21 days to create a habit and today is January 22nd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home