Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Movies

This weekend I saw Four Brothers at the dollar show. I knew the movie was set in detroit and had Mark Wahlburg and Tyrese. That was enough reason for me. I also thought the movie had ice cube in it, because that is what the movie theater listing said. He wasn't in it.. anyway

The movie was pretty good, there were some good Detroit references and I recommend renting it.

I realize that I am growing increasingly impatient with people who talk during movies. This is actually not usually a problem at the movie theater as much as it is at my inlaws.
This weekend I rented Finding Neverland,which I hadn't seen. Now as anyone who has seen it will know, the accents aren't the easiest to understand at first.
My mother in law kept asking silly questions like "Did everyone really talk like that" "Did women stay married a long time then", " Is she sick?", "Is he going to base the play on the little boys" I swear she must have asked a zillion questions....
UGH

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

OOOh that is so annoying! At the theater, we have now taken to sitting in the fifth or sixth row (usually the back row of the front section) so that no one sits by us. I can't imagine not being able to escape it in your own house, though! Hope it didn't ruin it for you. It is one of my favorites from the past year.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Two words--closed captioning. It really helps with understanding accents. I'm completely impatient with people talking in the movie theater. I purposely go to movie times that there will be less people. It is annoying!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger bstab said...

I love these but know I don't have the guts to use them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home