Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dust

So Sunday as many of you know is my usual cleaning day. Today, for some reason I noticed that my horizontal blinds were super dusty. I don't think I have ever noticed before, nor have I ever dusted them, so I decide I should do this.

Now here is lies the problem. I am ALLERGIC to dust. This means that having dust on things may or may not make me sick, but that also removing dust may make me sick.
Now by sick I don't mean deathly ill, but as I sit here after just dusting the one set of horizontal blinds (and not doing a very through job at it), my head is throbing, my nose is ichy and runny and I am not happy.

I recall when I first had my allergy test done in college and I was told I was allergic to dust and mold, I recall the doctor saying that I really should avoid dusting. Well since I don't think insurance covers housecleaning, and since I didn't marry a man who likes to clean ( I guess I should have ranked that higher on my list of pros and cons) , I am stuck dusting.

I think prehaps I need to invest in the swiffer duster or something better then papertowels, but I don't think that would solve the problem , just make it less tedious.

Anyway I need to finish my next blog entry so i can clean the bathroom and kitchen and living room and bedroom....oh what fun.

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger kikis' sister said...

I sympathize because I am too sneezy at the thought of dust. It does not help that our atttic is full of it-anytime that I go up to look for something that I have to take a pill.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger kikis' sister said...

ps.. the swifter duster does not help-I tried it.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I think the hubby should at least do this ONE chore. It is your health after all.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger bstab said...

I agree with kikis' sister that the swiffer duster thing does not help but the actual swiffer cloths, or the pledge mitts, help me, a fellow sufferer, a great deal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home