Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

move in memories

As I am sitting in my office this morning, I hear the rumble of the wood carts on the sidewalks. The sounds of move in.
Now although i would like to say I have fond memories of move-in, I really don't. I only recall being very hot, very tired, and usually getting rained on.

I have much more profound memories of moving out. Of having my mom and I toss things out left and right at the end of sophomore year, when I thought packing wasn't an necessity ...I was just moving down the street to an apartment. I remember in the end, throwing out my robe and my mom promising to get me a new one. Since I never moved back into a dorm situation where i needed a robe, I never did get that robe. I also recall not having any food to eat that last day and how my mom brought us some staple groceries including wonder bread and I how I ate it in the car on the short ride to my new place thinking it was the best food ever.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Dog Lover said...

oh, the memories :-)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I remember when you moved in freshman year and you were terribly crabby, I think because you were nervous, and you were mean to us and snapping at us when we tried to help you hang your posters and then when went to leave you were like you didn't want us to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home