Kiki's Conundrums and Complexities

A blog about all things kiki. Hello kitty, ipods, music,exercise, running, books, movies and michigan.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Conferencing

HI...just an update to let all my faithful readers know that I am in fact surviving the conference.

Luckily after work 3 days of 11+ hours , I only had to work 8 hours today....it felt like a half day.

I took a nap and feel rather refreshed so I thought i would update my blog for you.

The conference is going splendidly. There are over 950 participants from all over the world ( I have met people from South Africa, Germany, Japan, France etc) all here to discuss Bio Inorganic Chemistry.

You may be surprised to know that chemists much like the rest of us come in various sizes, shapes and colors, and there are even some very attractive chemists.

You may not be surprised to know that some chemists have no common sense or ability to figure out things on their own so we do get a bunch of random questions.

800 people checked in on our first day of work, so the last few days we have been just answering questions about different events or directions to a certain location.

Things have been running very smoothly and we have had really no major problems and lets hope that continues.
I've glanced at a couple of the many posters that are on display here and can't make much sense of them what so ever, but since I am able to function in the normal world, I guess i will say that is a fair trade off.


I will write more when I can ......

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Your post reminds me of L's graduation ceremony when they read the thesis topics for PHDs, 40-50 of them. Not only was it unnecessary since the topics were in the program--it took forever--and I understood every 5th word.

-YB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home